Wednesday, July 29, 2009

This weeks challenge for http://thethreemuseschallenge.blogspot.com/ is "inspirational." I have chosen Ray Rasmussen. He has published a tutorial on his website about creating Mandalas. Mandalas are found everywhere and have powerful symbolism across all cultures. All circles have a center. The center represents expansion and integration of opposites, micro and macrocosms. The center also represents the soul, god or individual. Circles/mandalas contain all symmetries. All of natures harmonious principles are exhibited through its harmonious relationships. I hope you enjoy these mandalas as much as I have in creating them. If you are interested in making your own. Here is Rays website: http://raysweb.net/making_mandalas/01.html

2 comments:

  1. Jean, this is the first time I've ever seen a digital mandala, and your gorgeous images are breathtakingly beautiful. I'm off to check out Ray's website. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. By pure coincidence I have just created a mandala in PSE 6 for nexr week's 3 Muses challenge - circles! Your mandalas are amazing, Jean, fun to do aren't they?

    ReplyDelete